Skip to content
- Default value
- Position according to the normal flow of the page
- Position relative to its normal position
- Position relative to the viewport, which means it always stays in the same place even if the page is scrolled.
- Position relative to the nearest *positioned ancestor (ancestor could be fixed, absolute or relative)
- If an absolute positioned element has no positioned ancestors, it uses the document body, and moves along with page scrolling.
- *A “positioned” element is one whose position is anything except static.